Gk Quiz Today Govt Jobs Exam Preparation 2017 -Railway SSC Bank Defence jobs 2017 | Dear Readers will find Latest General Knowledge GK culled from ..
Gk Quiz Today is suitable for Govt Exams aspirants preparing for various upcoming Exams 2017 , this article of Gk Quiz Today is specially designed for those students who are preparing for Various competitions like Bank exams, SSC Jobs examinations, PCS State Services Exams, UPSC Competitions, Railway Recruitment Board Govt Jobs Exams, State Govt Jobs Exams 2017, Central Govt Jobs Exams, PSUs Jobs Exams in 2017 18 :
Latest GK Quiz today Govt Jobs Exam 2017 18
Gk Quiz Today QUIZ ANALYSIS>>Score Test : If you score 50% —— Grade -A VERY GOOD ,Keep it up
Score between 40-50% —–Grade -B GOOD
Score less than 40% Grade —-C NEEDS IMPROVEMENT, if want to get through govt exam pull your soaks right now —-otherwise it will be really too late . remember hard work ,focussed approach will lead to success.
Set Time for 1st 50 question as 20 minutes [max]
Check Here >>
UPDATED ON 11.01.2018
UPDATED ON 10.01.2018
Latest updated on 08.01.2018
GK GENERAL KNOWLEDGE — FIRST in India ,World,Awards, Sports , Days etc
gk haryana today-80 MCQs
JUST RELEASED >> Latest October Current Affairs MCQs Quiz 30 Questions and answer
This particular quiz is based on previous question paper of CDS & NDA Exams 2017
QUIZ NO 196
A*. Colour vision in human eye is the function of photoreceptor cells named
- blind spot
B* Which one of the following statements is not correct?
- All proteins are enzymes
- Mostly enzymes are proteins
- All fats are energy rich compounds
- glucose is a common carbohydrates
C* Sugarcane is one of the important cash crops in India. It is grown to obtain
D*. Which one among the following is the correct order of tiger reserves situated from North to South in India?
- Corbett- Simlipal-Sariska-Periyar
- Periyar – Sariska- Simlipal-Corbett
- Corbett- Sariska -Simlipal –Periyar
- Periyar – Simlipal- Sariska-Corbett
E* Which of the following are correct with regard to Indian Monsoonal Rainfall?
- Largely governed by the topographical features
- Regional and seasonal variations in the distribution of rainfall
- Heavy downpour resulting in considerate runoff
- Beginning and end of rain is regular and on time
Select the correct answer using the code given below
- 1 and 2
- 1, 2 and 3
- 3 and 4
- 2, 3 and 4
F* which one of the following Himalayan rivers does not originate from across the Himalayas?
G* The headquarters of Eastern Railway zone of Indian Railway is located at
H* which among the following countries is the largest trading partner of India in external trade for the year 2015-16?
a.United states of America
c.United Arab Emirates
I* Which one of the following statements regarding King Krishnadeva Ray is not correct?
a.He was a great scholar of aTelugu and Sanskrit
b.Foreign travellers Paes and Nuniz visited his court
c.Barbosa praised him for the great justice and equity prevailing in his empire
d.He wrote his magnum opus Amuktamalyada in Sanskrit.
J*Which of the following was not a feature of the subsidiary alliance of Lord Wellesley?
- The British were responsible for protecting the ally from any external threats.
- All internal threats were to be handled by the ally alone, with no help from the British
- The ally was to provide resources for maintaining a British armed contingent stationed in its territory.
- The ally could not enter into any agreement with other rulers without the permission of the British
K* Which of the following are the major coal reef areas of India ?
1.Gulf of Kachchh
2.Gulf of Mannar
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Select the correct answer using the code given below
a.1 and 3
b.2 and 4
c. 1,2 and
d.All of these
L* which of the following regions is/are not known for cotton-textile industry?
- Mumbai-Pune region
- Indore-Ujjain region
Select the correct answer using the code given below
1.1 and 3
- 2 and 3
- 1,2 and 4
- only 3
M* Which one of the following States does not have the headquarters of any Railway zone?
N* .Radon is
- an inert gas
- an artificial fibre
O* which of the following elements is used in pencil-lead?
- Carbon (graphite
P* Who among the following is one of the authors of the book ‘Philosophy of the Bomb?’
- Bhagat Singh
- Jawaharlal Nehru
Q* Which of the following statements about the Chittagong group is not correct ?
- Its membership included a large no. of youth including Ganesh Ghosh, LokenathBaul and Anant Singh
- Its leader Surya Sen had been a lawyer in Dhaka before joining the group
- SuryaSen and his group were closely associated with congress work in Chittagong.
- This group had prepared an action plan to occupy the armouries in Chittagong
R* which of the following was a significant feature of the Quit India Movement?
- Women did not play an important role in the movement.
- Nasik in Maharashtra was an important regional base during the movement
3 . It was marked by the anti-zamindar violenc
4. It was marked by emergence of parallel govt. in different parts of India.
S* Which of the following was not feature of railways in colonial India?
- The main purpose of the setting up of railways in India was to serve the interest of the empire.
- British capital investments were invited with 15% guaranteed interest to be paid if necessary from Indian revenues.
- The construction work distributed ecology
- The construction of the railways was planned in such a way that it connected the internal markets with the ports, but provided no interconnection between internal market cities.
T* which colonial administrator made the following declaration about the partition of Bengal in 1904? “ Bengal united is a power. Bengal divided will pull in different ways”.This is perfectly true and one of the merits of the scheme.
- Lord Curzon
3 Lord Minto
4 Sir Lancelot Hare
U* Who launched the Bardoli Satyagraha on Feb . 4,1928?
V* which of the following Princely States did not support the congress during the course of civil disobedience movement?
W* Name the calligrapher in Akbar’s court was honoured with the title ‘ZarrinKalam’ or Golden Pen
3 Muhammad Husayn
X* Polynucleotide chain DNA contains
- a nitrogenous base, deoxyribose sugar and phosphate group
- . a nitrogenous base, ribose sugar and phosphate group
- . deoxyribose sugar , ribose sugar and phosphate group
- . a nitrogenous base and phosphate group
Y* The process of copying genetic information from one strand of DNA into RNA is termed as
Z* Most viruses that infect plant possess
- single –stranded DNA
- single –stranded RNA
- double –stranded DNA& RNA
- double –stranded RNA only
A** Bleeding of gums , falling of teeth , fragile bones and delayed wound healing occur due to the deficiency of which one of the following vitamins ?
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
3. Vitamin D
4. Vitamin B
B** Suppose voltage V is applied across a resistance R . The power dissipated in the resistance is P. Now the same voltage V is applied across a parallel combination of 3 equal resistors each of resistance R . Then the power dissipated in the 2nd case will be
C** For which one of the following does the centre of mass lie outside the body ?
- A fountain book
- A cricket ball
- A ring
- A book
D** The PH value of a sample of multiple distilled water is
3.very near to
4.very near to 7
E** Which of the following is the most characteristic property of an element?
- boiling point
- mass number
- atomic number
F** Plum Pudding Model for an atom was proposed by
- Antoine Lavoisier
- Robert Boyle
- Ernest Rutherford
- JJ Thomson
G**The ratio of gross cropped area to the net sown area is called
- cropping intensity
- intensity of crop rotation
- crop productivity
- cropping diversity
H** Kwashiorkor disease in children is caused by
- sufficient carbohydrates but less fats in diet
- sufficient carbohydrates and fats but deficiency proteins in diet
- sufficient vitamins but deficient fats in diet
- sufficient fats but deficient vitamins in diet
I** The mammalian heart is myogenic and it is regulated by nerves. The heartbeat originates from
- sinoatrial node
- QRS wave
3 T wave
4.heptic portal system
J** Consider the electromagnetic radiations having wavelengths 200 nm,500 nm, 1000 nm. Which wavelength of the following can make visual sensation to human eye?
- 200 nm and 500 nm
- 500 nm and 1000
- 500 nm only
- 1000 nm only
K** A parallel place capacitor of capacitance C1 is made using 2 gold plates. Another parallel plate capacitor of capacitance C2 is made using two aluminium plates with same plate separation , and all the four plates of same area. If pg and pa respectively the electrical resistivity of gold and aluminium then which of the following relations is correct ?
- C1 > C2
2 C2> C1
3.C1 pa = C2p g
4.C1 = C2
L** With regard to project tiger which one of the following statements is not correct ?
- it was launched in India in the year 1973
- the objective of the project is to preserve the habitats and tigers there in as natural heritage.
- the project emphasised to ensure viable population of tigers in India
- there are no tiger reserves in north – eastern part of India
M** Which one of the following statements with regard to the Indian Railways is not correct ?
- The Indian rail networks have been developed throughout the Konkan coast.
- There is very low density of railway lines in the Himalayan region.
- The north Indian plain has a dense network of railway.
- At present, India has the largest railway network in the world.
N** Which of the following statements with regard to the Mediterranean agriculture is / are correct?
- The Mediterranean agriculture is highly specialised commercial agriculture.
- it is intensive subsistence agriculture dominated by wet paddy cultivation.
- it is primitive subsistence agriculture.
- viticulture is a speciality of the Mediterranean region.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
- Only 1
- 2 and 3
- 1 and 4
- 1,3 and 4
O** Tsunami waves are the undersea occurrence of earthquake exceeding 75 on richterscale . Which one of the following statements regarding this is not correct ?
- it often generates strong waves.
- The pacific coasts are most vulnerable to Tsunami waves.
- Tsunami waves are also called high energy tidal waves or seismic sea waves
d Tsunami is a latin word.
P** which one of the following with regard to Aridisol, one of the soil orders, is not correct?
- lack of water for plants during most part of the year.
- high organic matter
- large accumulation of carbonates at depth
- absence of deep wide cracks
Q** The chemical properties of an element depend upon
- the no. of isotopes of the element
- the mass no. of the element
- the total no. of neutrons in the element
- the no. of electrons in the outermost shell of the element.
R** The molecular mass of sulphuric acid is 98. If 49 g of the acid is dissolved in water to make 1 litre of solution, what will be the strength of the acid?
- 2 normal
- 1 normal
3. 5 normal
4. 4 normal
S** Which one of the following statements with regard to Jet stream an upper level tropospheric wave , is not correct?
- it is narrow band of high velocity wind
- it follows the wave path near the tropopause at elevations of 8 Km to 15 Km
- Jet streams are typically continuous over long distances.
- In summer , the polar front jet achieves its max. force.
T** Rand / Zar is the currency of
- South Africa
U** The sensitive information leaked in August 2016 , concerns which one of the following defense platforms of India?
- 5th generation fighter aircraft
- combat helicopters
4.unmanned aerial vehicles
V** How many medals were won by India 2016 summer Olympics?
- one gold and one bronze.
- 2 gold
3. 2 bronze
4 none of above
W** Which one of the following statements is not correct in respect of SAARC?
- headquarters is in Kathmandu
- china is the only country with an observe status in SAARC
3. the first SAARC Summit was held in Dhak
4.The 18th SAARC Summit was held in Nepal
X**Goods and service tax likely to be levied in India is not a
- gross value tax
- value added tax
- consumption tax
- destination based tax
CHECK HERE>> Gk Quiz TODAY 197
CHECK HERE>> QUIZ 200 GK TODAY
CHECK HERE >>GK QUIZ 198
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE :
|10th Pass Latest Govt Jobs 2017||Defence Jobs 2017|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs 2017||Latest Govt Jobs 2017|
CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR GOVT JOBS 2017 18 SHOULD MUST READ GENERAL KNOWLEDGE PAGE FOR GOVT EXAMS
CANDIDATES CAN ALWAYS AIR THEIR VIEWS IN COMMENT BOX ABOUT GK QUIZ TODAY ,Any healthy criticism will be highly appreciated thanks